Welcome to the Makefield Area Branch of AAUW, committed to the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
JUNE AWARDS DINNER
Tuesday, June 6, 6:30 PM
Garden of Eatin’, 964 Woodbourne Rd, Levittown (near corner of Woodbourne and Trenton Roads)
To reserve your place, send a check for $25 payable to AAUW Makefield Area Branch to Kathy Quinn, 7511 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19119 by May 26.
In pursuit of our mission, our branch
- holds monthly program meetings, where members learn about a variety of topics from international relations to popular culture
- advocates for public policy goals at the local, state, and national levels
- holds an annual Girls’ Recognition Evening for seventh-grade girls who excel in Math and Science
- helped institute Let’s Read Math, a program to teach children math concepts through reading children’s books
- sponsors interest groups that bring together members to develop shared interests
- gives scholarships to local high school girls and women returning to college
- co-sponsors community events such as the Bucks County Women’s History Month Award
Our branch also conducts fundraising activities, and publishes an award-winning newsletter, Connections, to keep members informed about upcoming branch activities and public policy alerts.
The Makefield Area Branch serves the Yardley-Newtown area and surrounding communities of historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania (map).
Contact us for more information.