Welcome to the Makefield Area Branch of AAUW, committed to the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
APRIL PROGRAM MEETING
Cops N Kids – a literary initiative
Mary Auker and guest speaker Bev Bradley
Saturday, April 29, 1:30 pm
Lower Makefield Township Municipal Building
Please invite neighbors, friends and family
Bring a new or gently-used children’s book
In pursuit of our mission, our branch
- holds monthly program meetings, where members learn about a variety of topics from international relations to popular culture
- advocates for public policy goals at the local, state, and national levels
- holds an annual Girls’ Recognition Evening for seventh-grade girls who excel in Math and Science
- helped institute Let’s Read Math, a program to teach children math concepts through reading children’s books
- sponsors interest groups that bring together members to develop shared interests
- gives scholarships to local high school girls and women returning to college
- co-sponsors community events such as the Bucks County Women’s History Month Award
Our branch also conducts fundraising activities, and publishes an award-winning newsletter, Connections, to keep members informed about upcoming branch activities and public policy alerts.
The Makefield Area Branch serves the Yardley-Newtown area and surrounding communities of historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania (map).
Contact us for more information.