Welcome to the Makefield Area Branch of AAUW, committed to the AAUW mission of advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research in Bucks County, PA.
February Branch Program (NOTE NEW DATE)
“Dr. Spock’s Kids:” The Babyboomers
Sandra LeBeau, Ph.D. History
Saturday, February 16, 11 AM
Meet One or Our Most Active Members
Kate Sweeney, a former president of the Branch and winner of both the Outstanding Woman and Branch Service awards, is always happy to help out with branch activities. With a B.S. in early childhood education, she is especially active in the Cops ‘n’ Kids program.
In pursuit of our mission, our branch
- holds regular program meetings, where members learn about a variety of topics from international relations to popular culture
- advocates for public policy goals at the local, state, and national levels
- spearheads the Cops ‘n’ Kids Delaware Valley literacy project
- holds an annual Girls’ Recognition Evening for seventh-grade girls who excel in Math and Science
- helped institute Let’s Read Math, a program to teach children math concepts through reading children’s books
- sponsors interest groups that bring together members to develop shared interests
- gives scholarships to local high school girls and women returning to college
- co-sponsors community events such as the Bucks County Women’s History Month Award
The Makefield Area Branch serves the Yardley-Newtown area and surrounding communities of historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania (map).
Contact us for more information.