NOTICE: We are sorry to announce that the Makefield Area Branch of AAUW has dissolved as of June 30, 2022. Please check out our nearby Bucks County Branches, Doylestown and Lower Bucks. To support AAUW Advocacy at the state level, you can also join AAUW-PA
Meet Our 2022 High School Senior Scholarship Winners
At our final awards dinner on June 19, four impressive young women received $1,500 scholarships to attend the colleges of their choice. The winners were Bridget Handley and Kylie Marozsan of Neshaminy High School, Elizabeth McCaskey of Morrisville High School, and Courtney Cooper of Pennsbury High School. Find out more about them…
In pursuit of our mission, our branch
- holds regular program meetings, where members learn about a variety of topics from international relations to popular culture
- advocates for public policy goals at the local, state, and national levels
- spearheads the Cops ‘n’ Kids Delaware Valley literacy project
- holds an annual Girls’ Recognition Evening for seventh-grade girls who excel in Math and Science
- helped institute Let’s Read Math, a program to teach children math concepts through reading children’s books
- sponsors interest groups that bring together members to develop shared interests
- gives scholarships to local high school girls and women returning to college
- co-sponsors community events such as the Bucks County Women’s History Month Award
The Makefield Area Branch serves the Yardley-Newtown area and surrounding communities of historic Bucks County, Pennsylvania (map).
Contact us for more information.